Monday, August 22, 2011

i am close enough to campus to use the student wifi. i met a woman two days ago who was so excited about the tomatoes growing in her front yard that she gave me a handful of unripe green tomatoes and i had to tell her to stop picking them, because they'll turn red soon. my boss is so deeply a hippie that you can't tell at all; it's like blackbelts who don't tell anyone they're blackbelts. they're the ones to be afraid of. he brings me coffees and we talk about god. i dropped my new cell phone in my tea. i met with my piano teacher today and reached out to shake his hand and instead he hugged me. my roommate is a barbarian with a gentle dog who he saved from sex-slavery in southern california. i get to study my favorite piece of music for two classes. i work out twice a day. i am surrounded by wonderful loving people. i get to do what i want and know that it will get me to where i need to be.

i have arrived, baby.

No comments: