Friday, October 7, 2011

RULE SEVEN:
The only rule is WORK. If you work it will lead to something. It's the people who do all of the work all of the time who eventually catch on to things.



week six of grad school: survived.

i keep waiting for somebody to come into the practice room and point an accusatory finger at me: aha! i'm onto you! you don't have a clue what you're doing! you better get outta here, girl, before They find out.

there has been crying in a bathroom stall and sunny afternoons of elated, relieved accomplishment. a sense of comfort and growth is usually immediately followed by an increased workload.

but i'm here to grow in music and baby i'm gettin' growed.

1 comment:

Stephy said...

Dear Emily,

All I can think all week this week is, "Why am I not in grad school?" And then, "Why did it take me this long to ask myself that?"

I am so excited for you and so jealous, but not in a bad way.

Your friend,
Stephanie