Tuesday, October 7, 2008

i think i'm in love with my car

the laundromat is next door to the video rental place. i rent all four disks of the second season of the l-word. this choice is not made on account of my self-respect, my need to fill spare time, or my riotously large daily budget. it's a mediocre show full of fantastic sex scenes. and that is cue enough for me. even though i can't necessarily afford it.

everything is money. loses money, gets money, is somebody else's money. (exhibit a: the christian kid's free food table on mondays at 11am.)

time is money. laundry is time, and money. i hold off doing laundry for much longer than an all-american daddy's girl should. i bide my time. i am an all-american daddy's stinky son. i do my laundry. i spend my money.

money is time. my time is underfunded, overpaid. i wish my students practiced more. i want to say, you are like buying stocks. you could be a waste of money. you could be one hell of a brilliant, mortgage-paying machine of an investment. you could make the news.

money is news, news is money. all the newspapers talk about money. money is written down everywhere but it's not moving.

i, for one, am having a hard time keeping my spare change in my pocket. in may, i will starve, oh, in may, i shall starve. like a dried up pen.

No comments: